Social customer service would appear to be the fastest growing area of social media. It has huge potential to help brands reduce costs, increase customer retention, avert crises, create brand awareness and improve customer satisfaction.
Research in this area is rife, so we’ve collected 15 of the finest, most mind-blowing social customer service statistics around. Enjoy!
1. 70% of Marketing departments are actively involved in social media, compared to 19% of Customer Service departments – Ragan
2. Customers will spend 21% more if they receive good customer service via social media
3. 1 in 3 users prefer to contact brands using social media rather than the telephone – Nielson
4. 92% of consumers in the UK have switched business at least once in the last year because of poor customer service – NewVoiceMedia
5. Only 36% of consumers that make customer service enquiries via social media report having their issue solved quickly and effectively – NM Incite
6. 21% of businesses offering a service do not use any tool to monitor social conversations and only 15.7% used paid tools
7. 40% of unresolved complaints through social media resulted in phone calls – Click Fox
8. 42% of users on Twitter expect a response to their customer service issue in under an hour – The Social Habit
9. 71% of those who experience positive social customer care are likely to recommend that brand to others, compared to just 19% of customers that don’t get a response – NM Incite
10. 73% of top performing companies identified Customer Service as a top reason to invest in social media monitoring – Gleanster
11. Businesses in the UK lose £12b a year as a result of poor customer service – NewVoiceMedia
12. 59% of 18-24 year olds use social customer service – NM Incite
13. 71% of 16 to 64 year-olds turn to the internet when they have a problem with a product – Sitel
14. 51% of social care users actively engage with brands several times per month, with 9% engaging on a daily basis – NM Incite
15. 70% of social care users are likely to use social care again if served satisfactorily – NM Incite
Here at Sentiment Metrics, we help leading brands including banks, utilities, retail, transport and B2B organisations to identify and engage with customer service enquiries. Contact us to see how we can help you provide quality social customer care.